In an era of globalization, countries now function as cities. Interconnected countries and interwoven sectors have created a complex new world. A small change in any part of the world can impact the world in infinite ways. A multi-disciplinary approach has become necessary to address these complex intertwined issues. Disaster Management Watch fits into that complex framework with multi-dis-ciplinary approach and expertise. Disaster Management Watch (www.dmwatch-bd.com) was established in 2013 as a Research, Training and Consultancy firm with a multi-disciplinary group of professionals. DM WATCH has worked with a broad range of partners at regional and country levels and our major clients and partners are World Bank, UNDP, Save the Children, Water Aid, BRAC University, Asia Foundation, CARE Bangladesh, OXFAM-GB, Action Aid Bangladesh etc. DM WATCH’s major thematic areas are Environment, Climate Change and Disaster Management, Urbanization, Poverty and Livelihood, Governance, Human Rights and Social Protection, Health and Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and we are expanding our thematic areas to create a new horizon in society.
We are always looking for talented and passionate candidates to join our multi - disciplinary team. We always encourage freshers to unleash their true potential in our company.
Internship Program- Research & Knowledge Management
Your learnings start from here:
- Review RFPs and EoI and take GO or No-GO decision.
- Preparing project or research proposal with Budget.
- Prepare and present proposal to the client and deal making.
- Review project documents, national survey reports and policy documents.
- Develop indicators and prepare both qualitative and quantitative data collection tools with guideline.
- Train and supervise enumerators in data collection.
- Maintain and update quantitative and qualitative databases.
- Data analysis and report writing on a regular basis.
- Provide research support on key policy areas, analyzing data sets; reading and summarizing existing research.
- Review relevant laws, regulations, and other policy documents.
- Draft policy memos, talking points, charts, issue briefs, reports, op-eds, blog posts, and other briefing materials.
- Coordinate research projects and provide scheduling, administrative, research, and writing support as need
- Master’s degree in any discipline is highly preferable.
- Good communication skills both in Bangla and English.
- Sound knowledge in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator is highly preferable.
- Sound knowledge on MS Ofice.
- Willingness to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
Duration of Internship: 3 Months
Application Deadline: 21 June, 2019