About DM WATCH
Established in 2013 as a research, training and consultancy firm, DM WATCH, so far, collaborated with a broad range of partners at national and international levels. Some partners include, among many, UNDP, Asian Development Bank, CARE Bangladesh, Habitat for Humanity, NETZ, Plan International, Save the Children, SNV Netherlands Development Organisation, Swiss Red Cross, Swisscontact, University of College Dublin, VSO, Water Aid, World Bank, Bernard Van Leer Foundation, Christian Aid, Concern Worldwide, Daira UK, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Mahindra Consulting Engineers Ltd, IMED (GoB), Ministry of Planning (GoB), LGED (GoB), UDD (GoB).
DM WATCH team, strategically, has decided to emphasize on research activities, in addition to provisioning of consultancy and training, so as to contribute to the shaping of tomorrow’s world. The team envisions for bringing in changes of societal relevance by fostering excellence, maintaining openness and creating impact through its research activities. DM WATCH believes in co-production and dissemination of knowledge and, thus, encourage inter-, multi-, or transdisciplinary collaboration at local, regional and global level.
DM WATCH currently works in seven thematic areas—Hazard and Disaster; Environment; Climate Change; Urban Development and Management; Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WaSH); Agriculture and Natural Resources; and Public Policy and Governance. We are looking for and encouraging some talented and passionate candidates, having interest both in research and consultancy, to join our multi-disciplinary team.
If you are interested in joining with us in any of the following five themes—Hazard and Disaster; Environment; Climate Change; WaSH, and Public Policy and Governance—please feel free to apply.
Position: Manager - Research and Knowledge Management
Vacancy: 3 - 4
- Comprehensive review of development issues
- Stay abreast of what is currently going on in the field of his/her interest
- Reading papers, journals, or books to keep updated on new advances in his/her area of research
- Preparing research proposals, both technical and financial
- Searching for opportunities of international research grants
- Preparing and submitting grant applications
- Administering awarded grants
- Designing experiments and developing research protocols
- Developing indicators and preparing both qualitative and quantitative tools for collecting primary data
- Using digital platform (e.g., KoboCollect, ODK) for preparing advanced forms for quantitative data collection
- Training and supervising the mobility of enumerators
- Transcribing and/or cleaning data for analysis
- Analyzing data and writing report
- Attending and arranging events such as conference and seminar
- Collaborating with colleagues in multidisciplinary research projects
- Supervising junior colleagues
- Publishing review and original papers in scientific peer reviewed journals
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering/ Disaster Science/ Environmental Engineering/ Forestry and Environmental Science/ Geography/ Economics/ Political Studies/ Public Administration/ Anthropology/ Sociology/ Statistics/ Urban and Regional Planning or any other relevant discipline.
- Candidates having a PhD degree would get preference.
- The candidate should possess the experience of conducting activities related to research independently. Activities include, but are not limited to, defining research problem, reviewing of literature, formulating hypotheses, preparing research design, conducting experiments, collecting, wrangling, and analyzing data, interpreting findings and writing report, publishing, and disseminating results.
The candidate, ideally, should-
- Have the love for science and research
- Have a firm willingness to continue the career in the field of research and consultancy
- Have advanced knowledge of research methodology and statistics
- Have proven record of science writing (publication in peer reviewed journals are preferable)
- Have willingness to work under academic challenge
- Be humble and open to criticism
- Be always prepared to step out of the comfort zone by learning about new ideas and exploring novel and difficult topics
- Have good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in Bangla and English
- Have good organizational and administrative skills
- Be a critical thinker, numerate, curious, independent, exited to learn, flexible, creative, professional, a passionate reader, a dynamic worker, organized and collaborative, and comfortable with new tech.
- Have strong attention to detail, the ability to problem solving, the capacity to lead a team, and the practice of critical analysis
Job Nature: Full time
Job Location: Dhaka
Salary Range: BDT 80,000–110,000
Compensation and other benefits
- Festival bonus
- Profit share
- Weekly 2 holidays, medical leave, annual leave, maternal/paternal leave
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. DM WATCH reserves the right to accept or reject any application without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
If you are interested to be a part of this diversified DM WATCH family, go to the hyperlink and fill in the google form accordingly. Application in any other mode will not be considered.
Application Deadline: February 29, 2020
Shatabdi Haque Tower (3rd Floor), 586/3, Begum Rokeya Sharoni,
West Shewrapara, Mirpur, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh
www.dmwatch-bd.com | email@example.com | Phone: +8 (802) 809-0617